What’s for dinner? Try this delicious and healthy meal for two!
Chicken is a great source of lean protein and cranberries are a great source of antioxidants.
Cranberry Chicken Salad Pita
- 4 oz. cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) halved or 2 (2 oz.) whole wheat pita bread
- 1 pickle or cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 tsp nonfat red wine vinegar dressing
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- Dash of salt
- Dash of poultry seasoning
Mix first six ingredients together and chill.
Stuff each Pita with half of the chicken mixture, half of the
pickle or cucumber slices, and Roma tomato slices.
Serving Size: 1/2 recipe, 1 stuffed pita
Download this recipe and share with a friend: