Cold and Flu Season is among us in San Diego, & local nurses are stressing the importance of taking preventative actions to avoid making a trip to the Doctor’s office. Here are some Tips on how to Boost Your Immune System and Prolong Your Chances of Getting Sick.
- STAY HYDRATED. Keep flushing your body with water to allow your body to detox throughout the day. Staying hydrated also keeps you alert and prevents headaches.
- EAT HEALTHY. Make sure you are eating foods that are packed with Vitamins and Minerals to keep your immune system supported and your body properly fueled.
- WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY. We don’t realize the number of dirty things we touch throughout the day. All it takes is for one sick person to touch the door knob before you to expose you to germs. Wash your hands frequently throughout the day, especially when enjoying communal spaces.
- WASH YOUR SHEETS. A good night’s sleep help your body stay energized and fighting disease. Make sure to wash and change your sheets weekly to keep them clean and free of germs.
- CHANGE YOUR TOOTH BRUSH. Bacteria lives and grows in wet areas. Make sure to change your tooth brush as flu season rolls around to eliminate your chance of being exposed to bad bacteria.
- EXERCISE REGULARLY. Exercise helps detox your body of bacteria. If you are feeling healthy, make sure you come into the Club and exercise. Exercise has also been shown to correlate to increased white blood cell counts.
- LIMIT YOUR EXPOSURE TO SICK FRIENDS AND FAMILY. This one can be hard because when your loved one is sick you want to care for them. But when possible, limit your exposure to sick friends and family. Or at the very least, avoid physical contact or close proximity to those who are sick. If this isn’t possible, or you share a living space with someone who may have the cold or flu, bump up your immune system with some Airborne or Emergen-C!