What is the BIGGEST hurdle to Proper Nutrition?
It’s not liking kale… it’s Being Organized.
Our days are so busy as it is, that it’s easy to get into the habit of running off to work without preparing any food for breakfast or lunch and then munching on whatever is at the office or getting a quick bite from somewhere nearby. The convenience of fast food is always promising to make our days easier.
I can’t stress enough how important it is to make sure you are prepared for each day.
Rushing through your day is a sure-fire way to not even realize you’ve eaten way too many calories, not enough protein, and probably more sugar and salt than you want in your diet.
The secret: BE PREPARED.
Here are my Top 5 Tips to Food Preparation to get you the Great Results you desire!
- Choose one day of the week to plan your meals and go shopping and complete all your prep work. Cook extra from your evening meal and take it for lunch the next day. Simple, effective and a time saver.
- Always have ‘go to’ snacks in your bag to keep you from munching on snacks around the office or stopping by your favorite fast food place: A bag of almonds, carrots or fruit that will fill you up but not mess up the healthy ratio of protein/fats/carbs you want to keep.
- Pack your breakfast and lunch in the evening, rather than trying to fit it into your morning routine.
- Getting up early (at least for me) can feel like an extra chore and it’s so easy for me to hit the snooze a few times and skip packing my lunch or grabbing breakfast. Doing it before bed will ensure it will actually get done.
- Be consistent! It takes 25-30 continuous days to create a new habit. Stick with it and putting in a little bit of extra time to prepare your food will become a lot easier!
Hope this helps! Let me know what your food prep plan is for this week by commenting below!