Properly refueling your body after a strength training or cardio session is an essential part of muscle recovery. Here are some of your FitCoaches’ favorite post-workout snacks!
- Cold water fish are always a great option for muscle recovery, and they are packed with Omegas, so they are good for your heart!
- Sushi has protein, carbs, healthy fats, and vegetables – all of which are necessary to maintain a balanced diet.
- Word of advice: Avoid the aioli and any fried sushi options
Nisha: Post-Workout Smoothie
- Protein Powder
- Almond milk
- Banana (potassium helps fight potential cramps)
- Peanut butter or almond butter
Libby: Protein Bars & Almonds
- dotFIT or Quest peanut butter and chocolate protein bars
- All different flavors of almonds from the local Poway Farmer’s Market or the grocery store
Hasani: Ground Turkey & Rice
- Ground turkey
- Mustard for flavor
- Any protein (chicken, turkey, ground beef, fish)
- Vegetables cooked on a wok with very little olive oil