Looking to try something new and healthy?
Here’s one of our favorite recipes! Make extra and refrigerate for meals later in the week.
Quinoa has the highest protein content of all the whole grains, and provides all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
Quinoa and Cucumber Salad
- ⅔ cup cold, cooked quinoa
- ¾ cups finely chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cups chopped cucumbers.
Toss with 1 serving Greek Marinade* (see recipe below).
Serve on a bed of 2 cups fresh spinach leaves with 1 small grated carrot
Add cooked boneless Lemon Chicken Breast (3 oz.) for protein
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped dried mint OR 1 tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp. chopped dried parsley OR 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Shake, shake, shake
Try this delicious recipe and share with a friend: