Turkey Meatballs are the lean version of a classic favorite!
Here’s a recipe so you can try the white meat spin on this tasty dish.
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ cup tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes or 2 tbsp. water for extra moisture (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine all ingredients in a medium‐size bowl and mix well.
- Shape into 12 balls (each ball will be about 1 ounce of cooked meat).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 on a meat thermometer.
Makes 12 meatballs.
For a downloadable recipe the whole family will love, click the link below!